- These are simple fixes for not receiving SMS / MMS / Text messages.
- When switching device to a new Android phone or jump into iPhone, remember to deregister Google RCS, detailed steps mentioned on this article.
- For other interesting articles like this one, check it out here Android, Tech, Life, or more at JILAXZONE.
Switching phone to a new Android phone? Or moving away from Android to iPhone? Or simply you just didn’t receive any of text messages – be it SMS or MMS? Google Messages App Chat feature or known as RCS may be the culprit. Here’s how you can fix it.
Disable Google Message App Chat Feature – RCS: From your Android phone
Do the following steps if you still have the old Android phone with you.
1) Open Google Messages app (blue icon).
2) Tap the 3-dot icon > Settings > Chat features.
3) Turn off “Enable chat features”.
Disable Google Message App Chat Feature – RCS: From the Web
Do the following steps in case you no longer have the old Android phone with you / have erased it. This can be done from any browser (Computer browser is recommended though).
1) Open your browser and key-in the following URL: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat.
2) When the page opened, scroll down to the bottom, under “Without your previous device”, key in your phone number registered by the Chat (RCS) feature.
3) Wait until Google send you the verification code, once received then key in the 6-digit verification code.
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.