Apple iPadOS 15 and iOS 15 compatible devices. iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S and the original iPhone SE are still getting the updates!
- This article share the full list of devices compatible with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 and the reasons why Apple is still giving updates to older devices such as iPhone 6S and iPhone SE.
- For other interesting articles, head to: iOS Tip & Trick, Games, FREE games & stuffs, how-to and more at JILAXZONE.
- If you find this article / content inside is already obsolete, do let me know by commenting on the comment section below so that I can update the article to reflect the latest process/news. Thanks.
Surprise surprise! Apple made a leap again against its competitor.
This time it’s even harder for the competitor – closest one is Android obviously – to catch up with Apple. Before WWDC21 happened and before iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 were announced, Apple has been keeping devices for as long as 5-6 years back by giving OS updates with their new features (5 years updates and 6 years supports). In recent WWDC21 event, however, things changed. Apple showed its commitment to give even longer support for its existing devices.
iPhone 6S families and original iPhone SE
iPhone 6S and the original iPhone SE were introduced back during iOS 9, respectively in the year 2015 for iPhone 6S families and early 2016 for the original iPhone SE. Fast forward today, we have iOS 15 coming and these 2 devices are still getting updated to the latest iOS 15 – that’s 6 years OS updates and 7 years in total of smartphone life support. How awesome that is!
There’s more: iPad Air 2!
More interestingly, iPad Air 2 which was released back in late 2014 is also getting updates to the latest iPadOS 15. Back when iPad Air 2 was launched, it was released with iOS 8, which makes it the longest device Apple is giving support – that’s 7 years OS updates and 8 years in total of table life support!
Reasons why Apple is still giving breath of life to older devices
1) Shift in company’s income. Apple main source of income is shifting, from selling only hardware, into apps and now into selling services and subscriptions.
2) Reaching bigger & wider audiences. To be able to reach bigger and wider audiences, especially those in third world countries where buying new iPhone is like buying a new motorcycle or even a used car, so by supporting older devices with new life, new OS updates, people who are in this category, they can still get an older models, be it new or second, but get all the nice new features that comes with the latest iOS and iPadOS.
3) Going greener. Apple commitment and encouragement to go greener. Less switching devices, means greener for the world.
If you happen to be the owners and users of iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE 2016 or iPad Air 2, be happy!
Check out here to get early access to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 at JILAXZONE.
These are full list of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 compatible devices.
In case you are looking for full list of devices compatible with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, here they are.
|iPod touch (7th generation)||iPhone 12|
iPhone 12 mini
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone SE (1st generation)
iPhone SE (2nd generation)
|iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)|
iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
iPad Pro 10.5-inch
iPad Pro 9.7-inch
iPad (8th generation)
iPad (7th generation)
iPad (6th generation)
iPad (5th generation)
iPad mini (5th generation)
iPad mini 4
iPad Air (4th generation)
iPad Air (3rd generation)
iPad Air 2
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my curated article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Or if you wish, you can also buy me a coffee:
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.