- This article shares how you can disable annoying widget suggestions that keeps changing your widget with some other widgets you may not like.
- Although on the steps are mentioning iPhone and iOS, but the same steps are applicable for iPad and iPadOS.
- For other interesting articles, head to: iOS Tip & Trick, Games, FREE games & stuffs, how-to and more at JILAXZONE.
- If you find this article / content inside is already obsolete, do let me know by commenting on the comment section below so that I can update the article to reflect the latest process/news. Thanks.
Surprised and/or annoyed because out-of-nowhere, your stack widgets are replaced with some other widgets?
Relax, your iPhone is not getting hacked, but rather it’s because the Widget Recommendation setting is turned on by default when you update to the latest iOS – thank you Apple for such bad initiative and move. Good thing, there’s an easy way to turn off the Widget Recommendation, however unfortunately, you won’t find the setting on the iOS Settings. So do check out the steps below.
Here’s how to turn off Widget Suggestion on iPhone
Follow these simple steps to disable the widget suggestion once and for all.
1) Tap and hold any of your stacked Widgets until the pop-up menu appears.
2) On the pop-up, tap on “Edit Stack”.
3) You should now see “Widget Suggestion”.
4) Tap on “Widget Suggestion” to off. The icon will turn grey if it’s turned off.
Once the icon is greyed out, you can be sure that no more annoying widgets will appear on your iPhone home screen. The bad thing is that, you have to do the same steps for all of your stack widgets.
Bring it all together
Apple should find another better way to introduce a new feature to their users, rather than just leave them turned on by default, perhaps by using a pop-up, asking whether you want to see what’s new on iOS 17 (or other new iOS). Anyway, should your stack widget changed into something else you don’t like, use the method shared above to stop Apple from giving you the recommendations.
Interested to see other iPhone and iOS tips and tricks? Check them out here: iPhone and iOS tips and tricks at JILAXZONE.
Do you have anything you want me to cover on my next article? Write them down on the comment section down below.
Alternatively, find more interesting topics on JILAXZONE:
JILAXZONE – Jon’s Interesting Life & Amazing eXperience ZONE.
Hi, thanks for reading my curated article. Since you are here and if you find this article is good and helping you in anyway, help me to spread the words by sharing this article to your family, friends, acquaintances so the benefits do not just stop at you, they will also get the same goodness and benefit from it.
Or if you wish, you can also buy me a coffee:
Live to Share. Share to Live. This blog is my life-long term project, for me to share my experiences and knowledge to the world which hopefully can be fruitful to those who read them and in the end hoping to become my life-long (passive) income.
My apologies. If you see ads appearing on this site and getting annoyed or disturb by them. As much as I want to share everything for free, unfortunately the domain and hosting used to host all these articles are not free. That’s the reason I need the ads running to offset the cost. While I won’t force you to see the ads, but it will be great and helpful if you are willing to turn off the ad-blocker while seeing this site.